Thursday, December 17, 2009

a happy Christmas package!

My mom informed me on Monday that she had sent my Christmas package and that it would be arriving by Saturday. I woke up today thinking this is the first day I could reasonably expect it to come. But I was trying to talk myself out of expecting it as, let's face it, most packages arrive later than you think/hope they will. But then, around 1:30, there was a knock at the door and what to my wondering ears did appear, but the sound of Sam talking to the postman!

So here is the contents of my happy Christmas box! I didn't know what to expect because I didn't ask for anything and the only clue I had was that my mom double checked what size I wear. There was a lovely top from my favorite store, which is on the right. A lovely cardigan which is just like (and in fact may be the very) one that my sister has which I've raved over in pictures on facebook, which is on the left. A bag of candy (!), iTunes gift cards (already spent on a little more Ray LaMontagne and Great Lake Swimmers for my life, which can only be a good thing!), a ginger-ale bottle full of messages and drawings from my sister, and all the lovely wrapping completes the picture. Happy me! (And apparently there's a little bit more waiting to be a welcome home present when I get back to Charlotte in January.)

No comments: