Wednesday, July 14, 2010

rigamarole

I'm still moving forward with my plans for returning to Belfast. I think last time I talked about it here I was still waiting to hear from the college. I finally heard back from them mid-May and since then absolutely nothing that could go smoothly has! Everything has been complicated, from loosing my wallet on vacation causing a delay with the processing of my deposit to not being able to have a student loan because my school doesn't work with any banks in the US. But despite all that I'm still plodding forward one weary step after another!

Today, as part of my visa application, I went in to have my biometrics taken. That's the new scary way of saying fingerprints. But these are 21st century fingerprints, digitally scanned, with not an ink pad in sight. I have no idea if the lady who took mine spoke English as she uttered not a word the entire time, just motioned me over, grabbed my hand and started manipulating it as she willed. Ok, I exaggerate, she did answer me at the end when I asked if I needed any other documents, she said, "no."

No comments: