verb, knit·ted or knit, knit·ting, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to make (a garment, fabric, etc.) by interlocking loops of one or more yarns either by hand with knitting needles or by machine.
2. to join closely and firmly, as members or parts (often followed by together )
3. to contract into folds or wrinkles: to knit the brow.
4. to form or create from diverse sources or elements:
–verb (used without object)
5. to become closely and firmly joined together; grow together, as broken bones do.
6. to contract into folds or wrinkles, as the brow.
7. to become closely and intimately united.