Monday, June 4, 2007

Courage to trust beyond our fears!

A week or so ago I subscribed to the Moravian Daily Text. Everyday you get an email with a couple of Bible verses and a prayer. They can be really timely. Yesterday I had a bit of a crisis of faith. I decided to add up some totals for Transit and somehow the discrepancies between incoming and projected outgoing seemed bigger than before. So I had a few hours of trying to relax and trust. Then this morning I woke up to this:

The Lord makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters.
Isaiah43:16

And Jesus said to the disciples, "Why are you afraid, you of little faith?"
Matthew 8:26

Making a way in the sea, you direct us beyond ourselves. Forgive us for
wanting assurances when you have asked us to have faith. Give us the courage to
trust beyond our fears. Amen.


Exactly, exactly!

(Oh, if you want to subscribe yourself just visit this website: http://www.moravian.org/daily_texts/)

No comments: