Monday, May 28, 2007

Ready for Take-off





I have had some pretty big news this week. In February I applied for a training program with 24-7 Prayer called Transit. Since my vision is to start a Boiler Room in Dublin (a 24 hour prayer room) this training program is the first step. I had an interview on Friday, and although it started out a bit rough, it ended great! And the end result is that I have been accepted and will be living and learning in London for 10 months beginning the first week of September. After waiting years for the door to open to the first step to pursuing my calling it feels very surreal. I can hardly believe it's true.

This is from today's Moravian Daily Text and it sums up, very nicely, my feelings:

Then the Lord called, "Samuel! Samuel!" and he said, "Here I am!" 1 Samuel 3:4

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear,
but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
Romans 8:15 (NIV)

Loving God, we thank you for your gracious call, and
we thank you that you bring us together as your family. Help us to continue to
respond to your calling, and may we be worthy to be called your children. In a
spirit of gratitude and love we pray. Amen.


Through this entire process, in the emotional highs and lows, I just want to learn how to stay with the Lord, how to keep my eyes on HIM.

No comments: