Tuesday, April 15, 2008

a prophetic act

First I would like to make this disclaimer: I'm probably going to have a lot to say about Ireland for a while, bear with me cause I can't help it.

One of the murals I saw on the peace line had this scripture on it:

"For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. And he came and preached peace to all of us. For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father." -Ephesians 2:14-18

I have taken a map of the city that was a pull out from a "what's happening" sort of magazine and written this in bold letters. As I looked it up I made this addition:

"In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit." - verse 22

I just wanted to declare this in as many ways as possible. God's heart for the city.

Oh, and a little post script, If you click on the link to 24-7 Ireland there's an article by one of the guys I met, it's the one about St. Luke's on the Shankill, Belfast. I guess that's all for now...


No comments: