Friday, December 31, 2010

the end of 2010

What a year this has been. I cannot say I am sorry to see it go, quite the opposite. So many things have happened and changed, most of them good. But mixed in there has been a lot of emotional upheaval and I am more than ready for the new stage of this journey. It has also been a year of learning and experiencing new things.

1) I learned to play poker (and won my first game).
2) I learned to knit.
3) I learned to drive stick shift (manual transmission).
4) I became an auntie for the first time.
5) I took my first Greyhound journey.
6) I went to (and was maid of honour) in my first British wedding.
7) I went sailing for the first time.
8) I had my first cross-chanel ferry ride.
9) I cooked my first turkey.
10) I learned how to crochet.

Many other wonderful and trying things happened this year. But now I'm looking forward to what the New Year will hold.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

oh look, I learned 10 new things in 2010, I didn't even do that on purpose!