Friday, August 29, 2008

revelation

I have, very slowly but still surely, been reviewing Transit and all that I learned. Today I was going through my notes from God's Story for the last term and was reminded how much I loved Revelation.

When I think about the book of Revelation I think about worship. I think that this is where we find more images of true worship than anywhere else in the Bible. This is also the book that gives us more insight into why we worship. Here is where we find not only descriptions of God and all of his glory and power, here is where we find out the end of the story. We here what is in store for us at the end of all things. And let me just say that it is going to be worth it!

Here are a few highlights from Revelation:

*The four Animals were winged, each with 6 wings. They were all eyes, seeing around and within. And they chanted night and day, never taking a break: Holy, holy, holy is God our Master, Sovereign-Strong, The Was, The Is, The Coming.

*Then I heard every creature in Heaven and earth, in underworld and sea, join in, all voices in all places, singing: To the One on the Throne! To the Lamb! The blessing, the honor, the glory, the strength, for age after age after age. The four animals called out, "Oh, yes!" The Elders fell to their knees and worshipped.

*These are those who come from the great tribulation, and they've washed their robes, scrubbed them clean in the blood of the Lamb. That's why they're standing before God's Throne. They serve him day and night in his Temple. The One on the Throne will shepherd them, will lead them to spring waters of Life. And God will wipe every last tear from their eyes.

*Then I heard the sound of massed choirs, the sound of a mighty cataract, the sound of strong thunder: Hallelujah! The Master reigns, our God, the Sovereign-Strong! Let us celebrate, let us rejoice, let us give him the glory!

*I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good - tears gone, crying gone, pain gone - all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making all things new."

*His servants will offer God service - worshipping, they'll look on his face, their foreheads mirroring God. Never again will there be any night. No one will need lamplight or sunlight. The shining of God, the Master, is all the light anyone needs. And they will rule with him age after age after age.

*Yes, I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!

*Yes! Come, Master Jesus!

No comments: