Wednesday, January 28, 2009

getting things done

I've been getting things done this week. Which is a very nice change. Most of this month I've just felt frustrated at my own lack of motivation. I've been checking big things off the list. Things that have been there for a while. Today I finished my CV (the UK name for a resume) I had never made one before. That's not how you go about getting a nanny position. But I think I did an okay job. I've sent it off to people who know so I'll find out soon what needs tweaking.

I've emailed lots of people, cutting my inbox down to five letters waiting for responses, or just sitting there because I don't want to loose them. I still have two phone calls to make which I'm going to do now, before LOST starts in 20 minutes.

I have three books I wanted to finish by the end of the month. That's not going to happen. I'm really enjoying David Copperfield, but it is very long with very small print so it's taking a bit of time.

A sad thing happened. I made a great big, beautiful plate in the pottery studio last week. Well, I think it was going to be beautiful. It cracked while drying out to be put in the kiln. We think maybe this was because of some engobe I put on it. The next one I'm going to try drying out a bit with a heat gun. I'll post some pictures when things turn out.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

rosie said...

congratulations on getting things done!
I haven't watched thsi week's LOST yet!!! AHHH!!