Friday, September 10, 2010

this week

In the last seven days...

1) I enrolled and started school.
2) I purchased, and received, my course books.
3) I finished knitting a hat and a blanket and began a new project.
4) I started looking for work.
5) I registered for a National Insurance number. (The UK equivalent of a SSN.)
6) I went to a knitting group for the first time.
7) I had dinner at a friend's house.
8) I watched five movies, including South Pacific and Casablanca for the first time.
9) I opened a British bank account.
10) I booked a trip to Dundee next weekend and a trip to London the following.
11) I received, and set up, my printer.
12) I made a collage on a small notice/bulletin board for my room.
13) I visited my first wool/yarn shop in Belfast.
14) I went to the Linen Hall Library for the first time and was overwhelmed by their Irish section.
15) I've renewed friendships and begun to make some new ones.
16) I got caught in a heavy rainstorm and soaked my TOMS so that it took a couple days for them to dry out.
17) I had my first skype conversation on my new computer.
18) I did laundry.
19) I registered at the Doctors and applied for my medical card.
20) I played with legos and puzzles and painted a portrait of one of my classmates.


And at the end of it all I'm tired!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you purchased Wellingtons yet??