Wednesday, November 25, 2009

red ribbon foxes



There’s snow on your collar

And boy, there’s snow on the bench.

There’s snow on the sleeping grain

And the crooked fence.


And if you’ve been cryin’

With my hand on my chest

I swear, I’ll never tell.


The town is a glow with lights,

A caroler sings.

Your sister won’t sleep tonight

For the morning creeps.


That old happy Christmas

You came here to find it,

I did as well.


For joy doesn’t come in boxes,

Nor peace in a heavy watch.

Those red ribbon foxes are not so easy caught,

But the search it never stops.


The son of a holy man

You dream of the saints,

So thin with your poet hands

And your eyes aflame.


And I’d like to kiss you,

Full on the mouth,

I don’t care if you tell.


For love doesn’t come in boxes,

Nor truth in a crowded shop.

Those red ribbon foxes are not so easy caught,

But the search it never stops.


For faith doesn’t come in boxes,

Nor God in a silver cross.

Those red ribbon foxes are not so easy caught.


But the search goes on and on,

The search, it never stops.



~ A Fine Frenzy

1 comment:

alysdexia said...

Victory over concrete? for a few months...

http://twitter.com/alysdexia/favorites