Monday, November 30, 2009

a warm wool coat

I've been looking for a long winter coat for at least a year. When the temperature dropped here the last couple weeks the search began again in earnest. But I couldn't find anything in the shops, charity or high-street. So I decided to look on ebay. I was a bit wary of buying clothes on ebay. I mean with other things it's pretty straightforward, but clothes not so much. You can't return them if they don't fit. But I decided to give it a go. This afternoon I bought this beautiful coat by Max Mara for probably about a tenth of it's original retail price. (I've never owned real designer clothes before so I'm rather excited!) Crossing my fingers that it fits, and planning which hat/scarf/mittens will look best with it.

2 comments:

rosie said...

VERY nice! very you, too! I hope it fits as welL!! :)

Rebekah said...

alas, it didn't fit quite right and instead of spending more money to make it look better, I cut my losses and sent it back. The search continues! (Well technically the search has been put on hold until I get home and start making some moo-la!)